I never get rid of old supplies. I feel the need to keep everything until it finds a home on a project. In some cases, being a pack-rat has its advantages. Many times I have dug into my stash to find just the perfect piece. Voila! That thingamajig I bought 8 years ago is exactly what I needed. On the other hand, I know certain things would rot away forever.
Every now and then I decide to make a card or layout based upon a product that I want to get out of my stash. The cards below were created to move those dusty buried pieces out of my bins.
The card on the left was created to get some of my Basic Grey chipboard pieces used. I pulled the chipboard piece, which is really several pieces. Then I went into my scraps to look for some papers that were large enough that would work with the colors. A little adhesive, and an eyelet (yes, an eyelet!) later, and I had a card.
The card on the right was designed to get that flower and the “Thank You” sticker out of my stash. (Let’s be real. I have an entire 12×12 sticker sheet that needs to be used. Baby steps… baby steps.) I had that multicolored floral scrap along with the green scrap behind it. For this particular project, I did ink the edges of those 2 papers in green. I absolutely love how much that tiny little detail adds to this card. I did have to dig into my 6×6 pads to get the red background paper. If you are like me, you have so many 6×6 pads that using a sheet is a celebration all by itself.
So today a few more scraps are busted. A few “vintage” embellishments have made their way onto projects. My card collection has grown. I’m totally willing to call this a win.