I am currently working on using up some older collections and products. I decided that MME’s “On the Bright Side” was a splendid match for this flower photo. Really, I think this combo was just meant to be. The yellow and orange are almost perfect duplicates to the colors in the photo, and the turquoise is a lovely contrast.
I did run into one itsy bitsy problem while putting this layout together. This collection is 4 years old, and I didn’t purchase embellishments with it. Also, it seems that I don’t really buy yellow or orange embellishments either. So once I got my papers laid out, I was a bit stuck. Finally, I decided to dig through my Silhouette cuts. I keep a pile of random cuts in a bin on my desk. I had the layers cut to build the white flowers. There were also some random leaves. A little time curling some petals, and I had some decent 3 dimensional flowers.
I also found some orange rub ons from Bo Bunny, but they were ancient. We all know how bad rub ons age. They just don’t transfer well when they are old. But these were so pretty, and exactly what I needed. So I tried that small orange one (beneath the bottom flower) on a white piece of cardstock. It worked! That gave me the courage to place the one running alongside the journaling. Yes, it was risky. It could have messed up an almost finished layout. Still, I went for it. I’m glad I did. That little detail is one of my favorite parts of this layout.