I had a plan for this page… I really did. It all started with a challenge to create a star border for your photos. Then I was going to combine it with another challenge that required some stitching. In order for this plan to work, I needed to cut out a multitude of stars… which I did. However, I didn’t really have a range of sizes that I needed to create the border I pictured in my mind. Still, I persisted… and failed. I just could not get a border to look right at all! *Sigh* So after an hour or so of just moving stars around, I gave up and started again
This time I went for a far more plain (and not at all what I had in mind) design. I wound up choosing just a few stars and putting them across the layout diagonally. I also fussy cut a few clouds to place on top. In order to balance it out down below, I added a tag so that I could add a bit of journaling. The title was done using a wonder Freckled Fawn alphabet. It’s really my favorite part of this disaster of a layout!
Just a heads up if you ever decide to hand stitch on stars, make sure you choose smaller stitches than I did. I was making longer stitches in order to save a little time. That strategy also backfired. You see, a star has indents. When you run the stitch across the back, the floss wants to go across those indents and show. It took quite a bit of manipulation on my part to keep those backside stitches from showing. Never again!
In the end, I suppose the layout does a pretty good job of mirroring my mess of hair in the photo. It too started with a plan (or brush), and quickly spiraled out of control.